Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sculpture of Arzach and tribute to Moebious

Arzak is originally a character created and illustrated by the well known french comic artist Moebius aka Jean Giraud.  The following images below consist of steps I took to complete this 3d sculpture from start to finish.   Step one I constructed a wire armature which I posted a few weeks back;  Step two construction of anatomy and overall build up of figure, Step three clothing and details. Step four paint.  For the painting itself I used acrylic paints starting with a dark underpainting and from their I used dry brush and glazing techniques.  If you have any further questions feel free to ask.  Thanks for your time and interest.

  



  











1 comment:

  1. Nice new layout Grant!
    Your sculpture has really turned out well! Good idea on the dark under-layer. Looking forward to seeing it in person

    ReplyDelete